Are you an experienced A&P aircraft mechanic with experience working on piston aircraft? Do you long for the opportunity to have a key leadership role in a rapidly growing company where your knowledge and experience can make an immediate impact?
If you answered yes to these questions, we should talk! We’re looking for skilled A&P Aircraft Mechanic to join the Performance team! Our Part 141 Pilot Academy is growing rapidly, and we need someone who can manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance and help us keep our fleet of Cirrus, Cessna, and Piper training aircraft well-maintained. You will assist with supervision and training for additional maintenance personnel. This is your opportunity to join a hard-working, fun-loving team in aviation whose collective mission is whole-life impact.
As our Lead A&P Aircraft Mechanic, you will also work closely with company leadership and our flight training team to shape the Performance Aircraft culture and promote our people-focused vision “where the rubber hits the road.” (Or should we say, where the tires hit the tarmac?)
What are we looking for?
- Candidates must have a valid and active A&P certificate with your IA.
- A minimum of 5 years of maintaining piston aircraft.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. If you can get your ducks in a row, keep your fingers on the pulse, go over things with a fine-toothed comb, and kill two birds with one stone, all without letting the grass grow beneath your feet, we should definitely talk.
- No drama. We fiercely protect our collaborative, mission-focused team culture. If you can’t help passing along whatever gossipy tidbit you just heard through the grapevine, please don’t apply!
- Bonus for leadership skills and experience.
A few things about us:
- Located smack-dab in the center of the country, we enjoy a good variety of weather (from sunny skies and warm temps, to clouds and snow); excellent examiner availability with low examiner fees; and some of the friendliest, most hardworking teammates and customers you’ll ever meet.
- We have a BRAND NEW state-of-the-art flight training facility and large hangar at KLNK.
- We only hire passionate, motivated people who have a heart to help us fulfill a greater purpose.
- Our Missionis to inspire and enable aviation dreams—one relationship, one aircraft, and one flight at a time.
- We believe that we were created with a love for people and a passion to serve.
- We have fun and like to celebrate successes.
What will you be doing here?
- Managing all aspects of aircraft maintenance and ensuring all work is scheduled and performed safely and efficiently
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Overseeing parts ordering and inventory management
- Assisting with training and supervision of maintenance staff
- Providing guidance and direction that enables growth
If this describes you, we want your resume! Enjoy excellent pay in a thriving aviation community and join a mission-minded team with strong core values. Apply now!
We hire the best people and reward them with the excellent pay and benefits.
Enjoy a “culture of coaching” as we will regularly discuss your career goals and growth opportunities.
Paid Time Off
We pay all full-time salaried employees to take 15 days off every year.
You will receive a set of professional company uniform polos and a flight jacket.
More Paid Time Off
You are provided with a well-defined pathway that helps you to advance your career.
We regularly schedule fun team building events with yummy food and games.
Receive discounts on flight training, aircraft rentals, Pilot Shop merchandise, and more.
Fly NEW Aircraft
You will maintain the most modern & safe fleet of training aircraft you can find anywhere in the Midwest!
Contact Us Today
What satisfied customers are saying...
I did not expect that the sale would go quickly, in fact, I anticipated that I would have a couple of extra months to fly the plane as we waited for a purchaser to come along. The marketing that was done on my behalf created an immediate interest in the plane. This transaction was easy on me, as the Performance team produced amazing results in record time with very little input on my part. In my opinion, there is no better team to represent you when you buy or sell an aircraft.– Thomas M. Belford, Nebraska
My first sale with Performance Aircraft was inked in four business days, for more than the listing price! The second, a Beechcraft King Air 300LW, was an impossible task—after five brokerage firms unsuccessfully tried, Performance Aircraft delivered! They understand the market, the people involved, and have so much integrity with both sides of the transaction. Theirs is a world wide reach, with an unbelievable staff.– Tony Spears, Texas
I trusted the team at Performance Aircraft to help me identify an airplane that fit my mission, budget, and goals. I'm happy to say that they exceeded all my expectations by keeping me informed throughout every step of the process. You can trust that this team is not out to sell you an airplane but to be a lifelong aviation partner. I would definitely use them again for selling or buying an aircraft. Thank you!– Eric Leatherman, Nebraska
As a first time buyer, I was nervous about the entire process–plane selection, negotiations, paperwork, and closing. After my first contact with Stacey at Performance Aircraft, I knew they were the right fit to help me. She quickly made me feel at ease with everything. Their website is positively the best and most comprehensive in its class. The process was smooth and the plane was exactly as it was represented. I couldn't be happier!– Dennis Cooley, Florida
Your team did exactly what you said you would do, which is a very rare trait in today's business world. I would recommend you guys highly...you have integrity.– Tony Wagner, Florida
I purchased an airplane from Performance Aircraft a few years ago and have also utilized some of their Flight Training Services since that time. I have developed a respect for their professional expertise in both their Training and Sales side of their business.– Mike Kelly, Nebraska
Because of your professional team and alliances with other top companies, you will be my first call when looking to purchase another airplane. Thank you again.– Tom Saxon, Florida
I would tell my friends they can trust Performance Aircraft to provide honest, ethical, and enthusiastic service. Bill found an aircraft that best suits our needs while staying well within our budget. The whole process was practically stress-free. And, the post-purchase training and follow-ups have been phenomenal.– Matt Young, Wyoming
Your communication here is very good and I really appreciated your honesty. Your follow up is awesome. Bill knew the value of airplanes as well as anyone I have met in the industry and I have been flying for over 30 years. You guys did a great job communicating with me throughout the process and kept the plane moving to closing. I was very pleased with everything.– Randy Christo, Nebraska
Their knowledge of the market allowed us to feel confident that they understood aircraft values. Additionally, the personality of the marketing team made this an easy decision that we would be treated well and communicated with frequently on their progress.– Skyhawk Flying Club, Nebraska