Are you an experienced CFI with a desire to make a difference? Do you feel called to invest in people? Can you speak FARAIM fluently as a second language?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, let’s talk! We’re looking for a confident and experienced full-time Chief Flight Instructor to join our Part 141 Pilot Academy. We are growing rapidly, and we need someone with career training experience and a good bit of wisdom who can help our team soar. You will provide leadership and coaching for our CFIs while ensuring our training processes remain efficient and effective. This is your opportunity to join a hard-working, fun-loving team in aviation whose collective mission is whole-life impact.
As our Chief Flight Instructor, you will work closely with company leadership and our flight training team to shape the Performance Aircraft culture and promote our people-focused vision.
What are we looking for?
- Superb relationship-building skills with a special knack for inspiring others toward a shared vision. We are looking for proven relational and communication skills.
- Candidates must have CFI, CFII, and MEI and must meet FAA Part 141 Chief Instructor requirements.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. If you can get your ducks in a row, keep your fingers on the pulse, go over things with a fine-toothed comb, and kill two birds with one stone, all without letting the grass grow beneath your feet, we should definitely talk.
- No drama. We fiercely protect our collaborative, mission-focused team culture. If you can’t help passing along whatever gossipy tidbit you just heard through the grapevine, please don’t apply!
- Extra credit for advanced experience as a Flight Instructor in a Part 141 program.
- Extra credit for Cirrus experience.
A few things about us:
- Located smack-dab in the center of the country, we enjoy a good variety of weather (from sunny skies and warm temps, to clouds and snow); excellent examiner availability with low examiner fees; and some of the friendliest, most hardworking teammates and customers you’ll ever meet.
- We have a BRAND NEW state-of-the-art flight training facility and large hangar at KLNK.
- We only hire passionate, motivated people who have a heart to help us fulfill a greater purpose.
- Our Missionis to inspire and enable aviation dreams—one relationship, one aircraft, and one flight at a time.
- We believe that we were created with a love for people and a passion to serve.
- We have fun and like to celebrate successes.
What will you be doing here?
- Providing leadership and coaching for of our Flight Training Team
- Developing flight training courses, tracking programs, and tools
- Administering Progress Checks
- Part 141 training records oversight
- Communicating with the FAA on adding and managing Part 141 Courses
- Reviewing and revising TCO’s and SOP’s as necessary
- Providing flight instruction in our technologically-advanced fleet
If this describes you, we want your resume! Enjoy excellent pay in a thriving aviation community and join a mission-minded team with strong core values. Apply now!
Contact Us Today
What satisfied customers are saying...
I did not expect that the sale would go quickly, in fact, I anticipated that I would have a couple of extra months to fly the plane as we waited for a purchaser to come along. The marketing that was done on my behalf created an immediate interest in the plane. This transaction was easy on me, as the Performance team produced amazing results in record time with very little input on my part. In my opinion, there is no better team to represent you when you buy or sell an aircraft.– Thomas M. Belford, Nebraska
My first sale with Performance Aircraft was inked in four business days, for more than the listing price! The second, a Beechcraft King Air 300LW, was an impossible task—after five brokerage firms unsuccessfully tried, Performance Aircraft delivered! They understand the market, the people involved, and have so much integrity with both sides of the transaction. Theirs is a world wide reach, with an unbelievable staff.– Tony Spears, Texas
I trusted the team at Performance Aircraft to help me identify an airplane that fit my mission, budget, and goals. I'm happy to say that they exceeded all my expectations by keeping me informed throughout every step of the process. You can trust that this team is not out to sell you an airplane but to be a lifelong aviation partner. I would definitely use them again for selling or buying an aircraft. Thank you!– Eric Leatherman, Nebraska
As a first time buyer, I was nervous about the entire process–plane selection, negotiations, paperwork, and closing. After my first contact with Stacey at Performance Aircraft, I knew they were the right fit to help me. She quickly made me feel at ease with everything. Their website is positively the best and most comprehensive in its class. The process was smooth and the plane was exactly as it was represented. I couldn't be happier!– Dennis Cooley, Florida
Your team did exactly what you said you would do, which is a very rare trait in today's business world. I would recommend you guys highly...you have integrity.– Tony Wagner, Florida
I purchased an airplane from Performance Aircraft a few years ago and have also utilized some of their Flight Training Services since that time. I have developed a respect for their professional expertise in both their Training and Sales side of their business.– Mike Kelly, Nebraska
Because of your professional team and alliances with other top companies, you will be my first call when looking to purchase another airplane. Thank you again.– Tom Saxon, Florida
I would tell my friends they can trust Performance Aircraft to provide honest, ethical, and enthusiastic service. Bill found an aircraft that best suits our needs while staying well within our budget. The whole process was practically stress-free. And, the post-purchase training and follow-ups have been phenomenal.– Matt Young, Wyoming
Your communication here is very good and I really appreciated your honesty. Your follow up is awesome. Bill knew the value of airplanes as well as anyone I have met in the industry and I have been flying for over 30 years. You guys did a great job communicating with me throughout the process and kept the plane moving to closing. I was very pleased with everything.– Randy Christo, Nebraska
Their knowledge of the market allowed us to feel confident that they understood aircraft values. Additionally, the personality of the marketing team made this an easy decision that we would be treated well and communicated with frequently on their progress.– Skyhawk Flying Club, Nebraska