LINCOLN, NEBRASKAThe perfect place for pilot training.
The Lincoln Airport is a prime location for learning how to fly.
Varied weather, long runways, and unique airspace create a top notch training environment, while excellent examiner availability allows students to complete their training with minimal delays.
Easy Learning Environment
Unique Class C Airspace
The Lincoln Airport possesses its very own tower complete with Air Traffic Control.
- Gain experience communicating with ATC without the pressure of a crowded metropolitan area
- Utilize two excellent practice areas
- Enjoy the 12,901 foot runway (included on the NASA list for shuttle landings due to runway length and low congestion!)
Finding your way to the airport is effortless and stress free.
- Many students travel from other communities because of the quick, easy drive
- KLNK is located less than 2 miles off of the I-80 interstate
- Low traffic congestion means you will spend less time commuting
Good Pass Rates & Fair Pricing
Keep your training progress moving with reasonable pricing and fewer delays.
- With excellent examiner availability, you’ll experience fewer delays due to rescheduled checkrides
- Examiner fees are typically around $400 per checkride
- Our students have an average checkride pass rate of over 90%
Gain practical experience and confidence flying in diverse conditions.
- Encounter a broad range of temperatures and weather patterns as we have all four seasons
- Learn firsthand how to handle snow, ice, wind, and other adverse weather conditions
- Undergo instrument approaches within real clouds rather than simulated approaches in perfect weather
Thriving aviation community
Located near the ramp, you will find several growing, reputable businesses, including Performance Aircraft, Duncan Aviation, Silverhawk, Hillaero and more.
Lincoln Air National Guard
The Lincoln Airport also enjoys the presence of the Lincoln Air National Guard Base, which provides air refueling and support to the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and allied aircraft.
Maintenance at the Lincoln Airport includes factory-approved service centers that help us keep our aircraft flying safely and consistently.
Wide Variety of Aircraft
If you like to look at airplanes, you’ll enjoy the wide variety of aircraft that fly in and out of the Lincoln Airport on a regular basis.
what sets us apart
Top 10 Best Downtown
#1 Healthiest Small City
– Daily Finance (Gallup), 2014
#3 Happiest State
– Business Insider
#1 Most Content City
– 24/7 Wallstreet
Low cost of living
Your dollars can go further living in Lincoln, because our overall cost of living is dramatically lower than the cost of living in many other parts of the country. And with its relatively low tax rates and good overall housing availability, Lincoln has been recognized for having one of the top 40 housing markets for families in the entire country. – WalletHub
Growing, Friendly, and Safe
As a fun, friendly college town, Lincoln has been experiencing an influx of skilled young talent. Widely known as the “Silicon Prairie” for its increasing presence of technology-related startups, Lincoln has low crime rates, excellent air quality, and low unemployment. Many college students stay in Lincoln post-graduation to begin their careers and start families, and forty percent of Lincoln’s population is aged between 20-44 years old.
Lincoln’s Historic Haymarket District offers a variety of places to eat and things to do.
- Well-loved eateries with varied cuisines: Lazlo’s Brewery and Grill, The Oven, Vincenzo’s Ristorante, Hiro 88, Blue Sushi Sake Grill, Leadbelly, Buzzard Billy’s, The Green Gateau, Ivanna Cone, and Rodizio Grill.
- Browse-worthy: Local antique shops, art galleries, craft stores, and clothing boutiques.
- Don’t miss: the Haymarket’s Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings from May to October.
Lincoln’s entertainment options cover the gamut.
- Attend NCAA basketball games, high profile concerts, and more at the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
- Enjoy theatre productions, comedians, and concerts at the Pinewood Bowl Theater, Lied Center for Performing Arts, and Rococo Theatre.
- Catch a movie at one of Lincoln’s Marcus Theatres.
- Enjoy live bands, outdoor ice skating, and free watch parties on the outdoor mega screen at The Railyard.
Lincoln’s abundance of trails, bicycle lanes, and parks allow for plenty of outdoor activity.
- The Lincoln Trails Network is perfect for hiking, running, and biking.
- Sprawling parks like Holmes Lake Park and Pioneers Park provide gorgeous views, walking trails, fishing, sand volleyball, playground equipment, and more.
- Organized running events include the Lincoln Marathon, The Good Life Halfsy, the Market to Market Relay, and many other fun runs.
What are you waiting for?
Create a personalized plan for your pilot career.
MY PERSONAL FLIGHT PLAN™ can help set you up for success as you train for your pilot career. Learn more about the different pilot career opportunities and receive guidance to help you set goals and navigate each step of your professional flight training.
Complete the form below to get started!
Contact Us Today
What satisfied customers are saying...
I did not expect that the sale would go quickly, in fact, I anticipated that I would have a couple of extra months to fly the plane as we waited for a purchaser to come along. The marketing that was done on my behalf created an immediate interest in the plane. This transaction was easy on me, as the Performance team produced amazing results in record time with very little input on my part. In my opinion, there is no better team to represent you when you buy or sell an aircraft.– Thomas M. Belford, Nebraska
My first sale with Performance Aircraft was inked in four business days, for more than the listing price! The second, a Beechcraft King Air 300LW, was an impossible task—after five brokerage firms unsuccessfully tried, Performance Aircraft delivered! They understand the market, the people involved, and have so much integrity with both sides of the transaction. Theirs is a world wide reach, with an unbelievable staff.– Tony Spears, Texas
I trusted the team at Performance Aircraft to help me identify an airplane that fit my mission, budget, and goals. I'm happy to say that they exceeded all my expectations by keeping me informed throughout every step of the process. You can trust that this team is not out to sell you an airplane but to be a lifelong aviation partner. I would definitely use them again for selling or buying an aircraft. Thank you!– Eric Leatherman, Nebraska
As a first time buyer, I was nervous about the entire process–plane selection, negotiations, paperwork, and closing. After my first contact with Stacey at Performance Aircraft, I knew they were the right fit to help me. She quickly made me feel at ease with everything. Their website is positively the best and most comprehensive in its class. The process was smooth and the plane was exactly as it was represented. I couldn't be happier!– Dennis Cooley, Florida
Your team did exactly what you said you would do, which is a very rare trait in today's business world. I would recommend you guys highly...you have integrity.– Tony Wagner, Florida
I purchased an airplane from Performance Aircraft a few years ago and have also utilized some of their Flight Training Services since that time. I have developed a respect for their professional expertise in both their Training and Sales side of their business.– Mike Kelly, Nebraska
Because of your professional team and alliances with other top companies, you will be my first call when looking to purchase another airplane. Thank you again.– Tom Saxon, Florida
I would tell my friends they can trust Performance Aircraft to provide honest, ethical, and enthusiastic service. Bill found an aircraft that best suits our needs while staying well within our budget. The whole process was practically stress-free. And, the post-purchase training and follow-ups have been phenomenal.– Matt Young, Wyoming
Your communication here is very good and I really appreciated your honesty. Your follow up is awesome. Bill knew the value of airplanes as well as anyone I have met in the industry and I have been flying for over 30 years. You guys did a great job communicating with me throughout the process and kept the plane moving to closing. I was very pleased with everything.– Randy Christo, Nebraska
Their knowledge of the market allowed us to feel confident that they understood aircraft values. Additionally, the personality of the marketing team made this an easy decision that we would be treated well and communicated with frequently on their progress.– Skyhawk Flying Club, Nebraska